How to Unlock Apple Watches
An Apple Watch will also be locked unless it is unpaired from your iPhone prior to shipping. To unpair your Watch from your phone:
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone near by each other as you unpair them.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab and tap your watch at the top of the screen.
- Tap the info icon next to the watch that you want to unpair.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Tap again to confirm. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock.
The phone will read “Unpairing the watch” and the watch itself will begin erasing.
After completing the unpairing process you’ll see the “Start Pairing” message option again. This confirms the watch has been successfully unpaired.
If you did not unpair your Watch before sending, you are able to remove it from your iCloud account from a computer. See below:
- Go to http://www.icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click the icon for Find My iPhone and wait for it to locate your devices.
- Click the All Devices drop down at the top of the screen, then click your Apple Watch.
- In the small window that pops up, click Erase [Device Name].
- You may be asked to reenter your Apple ID and password and/or answer your security questions. Enter these details and click to proceed with erasing the device.
- After the device has been erased, click the Remove From Account button to unlock your Apple Watch.
- Make sure to completely SIGN OUT of iCloud to complete the process.